AdSense

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nori Egg Roll with Carrot and Spring Onion



I think this is one of the most unhealthy dinner I prepared for my son - all fried stuff. I actually wanted to make my own soya bean tofu but only remembered after I see the bag of soya bean milk 豆花水 on the breakfast table. And that was after I finished wokking. Sigh! I really need to eat more fish. Tomorrow ... I will remember to buy another packet to make my tofu.

Meanwhile, my son still ate the unhealthy Chicken Rolls on Skewer and his 'Strawberry' rice. Black sesame seeds will be more convincing but I only have the white ones. Doesn't look too bad lah.

The other dish, which is also my daughter's favourite, is an egg dish. I thought I have already post this recipe but I couldn't find it. Hmm .... old age, old age ....

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs (makes 3 thin rolls)
  • 1/3 carrot grated
  • 2 springs Spring Onion, chopped finely only the greens
  • 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 piece nori, cut into 3
  • 2 teaspoon oil
How to do it:

  1. Mix all ingredients except oil together.
  2. Heat pan with oil.
  3. Pour some mixture into pan.
  4. Swirl pan to coat it complete with egg.
  5. When the egg is 3/4 cook, place 1 piece of nori in the middle.
  6. Start to roll the egg.
  7. Continue to cook further for another half a minute.
  8. Remove and cut into smaller pieces.
  9. Repeat until mixture is finished.

7 comments:

  1. How come you say unhealthy, ok what...
    Kids like fried food, ya?
    No eat too much can liow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigerfish
    Fried stuff is not that healthy compared to steaming, braising ... yah kids love fried stuff. They like the crunch lah.

    DK
    Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really a great mom! It take load of effort to make it.. cook and roll 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat more gingko nuts too. I read somewhere that it helps to improve brain power too...now you know why I always cook dessert with gingko nuts hehe :p

    I love the strawberry rice! How do you make the rice stick together? I assume you are not using the normal rice but the japanese rice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wokkingmum, of course fried food is unhealthy compared to steam, braise etc...
    Just don't over-indulge loh!
    I don't usually fry too, coz the kitchen floor and cabinets will be splattered with oil...:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean
    Thanks! Can be done thru practise ;)

    Mdm 2359
    Yah, I'm taking Tanakan which is a pure gingko extract in tablet form. It helps my tension headache too!

    I put rice in clingwrap and shape it, can use bare hands too lah. I'm using normal rice leh. Just put a little bit more water when cooking and it will be sticky enough. ;)

    Tigerfish
    Yah! I hate that part too. Have to do extra cleaning. So sian!

    ReplyDelete