AdSense

Friday, March 16, 2007

Miso Soup


Since my last soup I make with miso. I have been having craving for it. Since I'm hungry now (an hour ago actually), I went to make myself a few bowls of miso soup to go with my over night garlic bread for pizza hut. Yeah, we had pizza for supper last night.
Anyways, the good thing about miso is you can cook it like instant noodle. Anytime you what to have it just get some paste, mix with water, dump in some ingredients and you have it! A bowl of piping hot delicious soup. You have to get it boil of course. It's so fast and easy.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 tablespoon miso paste
  • 400ml water
  • 1/2 block of silken tofu, cubed
  • Shimeiji Mushroom, ends removed
  • A small bunch of Wakame
How to do it:
  1. Mix the miso paste with water.
  2. Add all the ingredients and boil.
  3. Because of the ingredients I used (can be eaten even without cooking), it's ready when it boils.
Super simple and super fast! It took me only 10 minutes to get it done!

8 comments:

  1. You like miso soup too. We eat it very often like once a wk or once every two weeks. I put miso paste on anything, noodle soup, marcaroni. Abit crazy huh. But the paste very ex. so got to cut down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne.
    Miso in marcaroni? hmmm ... I should try that. I just had Soba with Miso Soup few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like miso soup too but i dont know how to cook.After reading ur recipe,i think it's very simple. But where can i get the miso paste? And what is wakame? seaweed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,
    You can get in japanese supermarket like Isetan, Tanglin Market and Cold Storage. I got mine from Cold Storage from Causeway Point. Yes, wakame is seaweed. I got my fresh. You can get those dried ones. You can used then once you soaked them in water. Just a bit will do cos when the 'expand', it's alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks wokking mum, will go and find in Isetan or Cold Storage.Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie
    You are welcome!
    Btw, the miso paste I bought is shown here http://wokkingmum.blogspot.com/2007/03/vegetable-miso-soup.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wokking Mum,

    Is the miso paste suitable for my 1 yr old boy? Any msg? Thxs

    ReplyDelete
  8. bbjay,
    I would rather you wait till a few more months becos most miso paste are made from fermented soy bean. Some kids are allergic to beans. And if you are making it, dont put so much miso paste for your son becos it's salty. I dont think it contains msg. (I threw away the packaging). Hope this helps. ;)

    ReplyDelete