I think this is one of the most unhealthy dinner I prepared for my son - all fried stuff. I actually wanted to make my own soya bean tofu but only remembered after I see the bag of soya bean milk 豆花水 on the breakfast table. And that was after I finished wokking. Sigh! I really need to eat more fish. Tomorrow ... I will remember to buy another packet to make my tofu.
Meanwhile, my son still ate the unhealthy Chicken Rolls on Skewer and his 'Strawberry' rice. Black sesame seeds will be more convincing but I only have the white ones. Doesn't look too bad lah.
The other dish, which is also my daughter's favourite, is an egg dish. I thought I have already post this recipe but I couldn't find it. Hmm .... old age, old age ....
- 2 eggs (makes 3 thin rolls)
- 1/3 carrot grated
- 2 springs Spring Onion, chopped finely only the greens
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 piece nori, cut into 3
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Mix all ingredients except oil together.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Pour some mixture into pan.
- Swirl pan to coat it complete with egg.
- When the egg is 3/4 cook, place 1 piece of nori in the middle.
- Start to roll the egg.
- Continue to cook further for another half a minute.
- Remove and cut into smaller pieces.
- Repeat until mixture is finished.