- Kai Lan, leaves and stems separated
- 1/2 tablespoon, minced garlic
- Light soy sauce
- Oil of frying
Dish 1: Deep Fried Kai Lan
How to do it:
- Chop leaves into thin shreds.
- Heat wok with 3 tablespoon oil.
- Deep fried the leaves till they turned dark green and crunchy (NOT Brown).
- Dish and leave them on paper towels to drain away excess oil.
- EITHER sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar or drizzle a teaspoon of light soy sauce. I have sprinkle some grind ikan bilis (powder) instead ;p
- Serve with rice.
Dish 2: Stir Fried Kai Lan
- Skin the stems and chopped into sections
- Heat wok with 1 teaspoon oil or you can use the oil for the deep fried kai lan.
- Saute garlic till fragnant.
- Add in the stems and saute till the colour changed.
- Saute for another 5 minutes or longer if you prefer your stems softer.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of light sauce sauce.
- Dish and serve.