My family, including me, doesn't really fancy spaghetti. I have tried all kind of pastas. I think the closest is the alphabets macaroni - only my girl enjoy it. We love the sauce though.
Remember, I bought a pack of soba? I did said I'm going to try other ways of cooking soba. This is another way - Spaghetti style. And we love it! I think this is going to be another regular item on our dinner table.
- 1 can of tomato puree
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced finely
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small can button mushroom, sliced
- 8 fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 12 medium prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 squid, skin removed, cleaned and sliced into smaller pieces
- 1/2 minced Garlic
- Oil for cooking
- Corn starch with water (thickener)
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Cook soba in a pot of water. Drain water and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoon of oil to prevent the soba from sticking together.
- In a wok, add in 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Saute the garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Add in prawns and squid and saute till almost cooked
- Add in tomato and mushrooms and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in tomato puree and water.
- Boil it to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch.
- Dish soba on to a plate and pour the sauce over.
- Serve with some herbs and Parmesan cheese.