I wanted to post this a long time ago. I was recipe hopping when I found this recipe. It's looks really good and I gave it a try that very night ... as supper. Hahahaha ... I couldn't wait mah! And it taste as good as it look! Of course have it for breakfast not supper like me and my hubby. That's unless you want to put on weight!
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, preferably thick slice type
- Salted Butter
How to do it:
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread.
- Spread some butter on a frying pan and place the bread on it.
- Using small fire, crack the egg into the hole.
- When the egg is set, flip it over and continue cooking for a while.
- Dish and serve.
- I cooked on small fire so as not to burn the bread and the bottom of the egg. So you have to patient if you prefer a more cooked egg.
- If the egg you are using is big, then you need a bigger hole. Otherwise the egg will 'over flow'.
- You can sprinkle some salt and pepper if you wish but I don't think it's necessary since salted butter is used.
- Don't waste the cut out bread. Toast it and eat it too!