AdSense

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Cod wrapped with Turmeric Leaf
黄姜叶包鳕鱼


I bought a piece of Cod today. Cost me S$9!!! Gees! So Expensive! I was cracking my head on how I'm going to cook this till I saw turmeric leaves. So it's going to be something different today. Guess what? My greedy boy ate half of the Cod and ask for the other half. No, no, no ... that's for 爸爸.

Ingredients:

  • Cod, palm size so it's easier to wrap
  • Turmeric Leaf (黄姜叶)
  • A squeeze of lime
  • Oil for frying
Seasonings:

  • 1 teaspoon Garlic
  • 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
  • A dash of black pepper
How to do it:

  1. Seasoning Cod for 1/2 hour.
  2. Wrap Cod with turmeric leaf. Secure with toothpick.
  3. Heat pan with oil.
  4. Pan fry Cod for about 10 minutes on each side or till cook.
  5. Remove and squeeze in some lime juice.
  6. Serve with rice.
Love the aroma!! My kitchen sure smell nice after this!!

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen turmeric leaves in near where I usually shop in California yet. But I've got turmeric powder...heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think turmeric powder should work too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wokking mum - i can't buy turmeric leave:)s where i live but it sure does sound delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeena
    It's a pity cos it smells really nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete