This is my daughter's No. 1 favourite. If she sees bean sprout being served, she will keep holding out her hand with her spoon and says, 'Been Spout ... peas!' and 'Been Spout ... nineee!' Do you understand that? hahaha! She can stuff herself full with bean sprout. She just love it!
- Bean Sprout, heads and tails removed (I hate to do this!)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 stalk Spring Onion, cut into sections, greens only.
- 5 to10g Dried Salted Fish, depending how salty you want it to be.
- 3 Shitake Mushroom, stalk removed and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Oil
How to do it:
- Heat wok with oil.
- Saute garlic and salted fish till fragrant.
- Add in bell pepper, spring onion and shitake mushroom.
- Saute for about half a minute before adding the bean sprout. This is to bring out the flavour of the various vegetables.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or longer if you prefer your bean sprout more will done.
- Add in water if you find it too dry.
- Dish and serve.
I don't add in seasoning as the salted fish is saltish enough.