AdSense

Monday, August 20, 2007

Soba with Prawn Sauce

This dish came about when I was cooking Prawn Noodle Soup on a weekend. I was craving for Lor Mee which is another asian noodle dish. You may call it Braised Noodles in thick sauce. Since I'm already cooking this, I can't be cooking another dish. Furthermore, some time is needed to braised the egg and meat for Lor Mee.

Anyways, I took some Prawn Noodle Soup, added some shelled small prawns and peas and thicken it with cornflour mixture. Afterwhich, I added one beaten egg white. I poured the sauce over some cooked soba.

Now, I have a brand new dish. Think 滑蛋虾面 as suggested by a blogging friend,Sandra.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love soba noodles as well, but I've never seen it arranged so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    You love soba too?!! They are really healthy. Thanks for your compliments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, never see soba served this style. Singapore style soba..he..he. It is a creative dish. I will give it a try =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    Haha ... that's the fun thing with food. It dont have to always be done the conventional way. Hope you like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete