Every time I buy prawn to cook dishes, I would keep the shells in the freezer. I had 3 portions of shells before I cooked this 排骨虾面汤. It’s shells from 1.5 kg of prawns. Hmm… the soup is full of sweetness from the prawns.
How to do it:
- 1 kg Prawns, shelled
- 500g Pork ribs, blanched
- Fish cakes, sliced thinly
- Water Spinach (Kang Kong), cut into sections
- 750g Fresh yellow noodle
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Rock Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 litre Water
- Add ½ tablespoon garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add prawn shells and stir fry till cooked. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a pot.
- Add in the prawns and remove when cooked.
- In the same pot, add in the cooked prawn shells and pork ribs.
- Simmer in low heat for 2 hours.
- Strain the soup into a clean pot.
- Return the pork ribs.
- Add in dark soy sauce, rock sugar and salt.
- In another pot, bring water to boil.
- Add in noodle, water spinach and fish cake.
- Drain when they are cooked.
- Place prawns and pork ribs on top.
- Ladle over some hot soup.
- Serve with pepper and fried shallots.
You can add bean sprout and lean pork too. Ohhh… and those sinful crispy pork fat cubes if you like.