AdSense

Friday, August 17, 2007

Chocolate and Cream Cheese Truffles


Quite some time ago, my husband bought me a box of chocolate truffles and guess how much it was? S$1.50 a piece!! My God! So expensive and my heart pains each time I took a bite. It was very good but no matter how much I love those, I refuse to buy them again. It was an extravagant indulgence.

I found a Chocolate Truffles recipe in a 'small' recipe book on Chocolate, my husband bought when he bought the oven for me. I did some adjustments to it and made these instead.

Everyone at home love it and it's cheap to make!

Ingredients:
  • 180g Confectioner's Sugar aka Icing Sugar
  • 60g Cream Cheese (I use Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
  • 100g Unsweetened Chocolate
  • Cocoa Powder for rolling
How to do it:
  1. Mix cream cheese and sugar together.
  2. Melt Chocolate using double boil method.
  3. Add to the cream cheese and sugar.
  4. Mix well.
  5. Scoop some mixture and roll into balls.
  6. Refrigerate for an hour to harden.
  7. Pour some cocoa powder on a plate.
  8. Place chocolate balls on the powder.
  9. Roll to coat evenly.
  10. Pop one in your mouth now and enjoy. *wink*

11 comments:

  1. Cream cheese and chocolate, what more could you need in life? They look delicious and easy to make as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Yeah and Chocolate cheers me up! ;) I'm making another batch again later cos they were finish once I bought them out from the fridge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks really simple to make! shall try it soon!

    how long can these be kept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra,
    Because Cheese is involved, I think maybe 1 to 2 days? If kept in the fridge maybe longer. But do you think you really can kept these for long? hehe ... Mine were finished in under 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Drooling* I must try this!

    So you have a oven now, looking forward to your baking posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LZmommy,
    Try this, try this! Get L and Z to do too. It will be fun!

    Yeah, finally got an oven. :D So far I only managed to find time to baked cookies once. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! another of my family's favourite!!!! It's getting more & more exciting here.... (so many things on my "to try" list....)

    BTW, WM, do u use Philadelphia cheese for the baked rice as well? (I thot u use those bottled ones). =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nana,
    Haha ... to keep you busy! ;)

    No, I didnt use Philadelphia Cheese for bake rice. Yes, I used bottled cream sauce for pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. I used those in a block and I shred them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm.. chocolate ball, no need to bake or cook ah? sounds so easy leh.. think to try it out... thanks for the sharing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hub sayang you a lot leh...bought you oven and even bought you chocolate truffles :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Life Zone,
    Do try! It's easy and nice to eat too. ;)

    Tigerfish,
    hehe ... I wanted an oven for many years liao leh. He will buy me food anytime cos I'm skinny mah. Anything to fatten me up. LOL

    ReplyDelete