AdSense

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Roasted Duck Noodles in Herbal Soup

Before I start, I have to say this. I didn't actually made this dish. I just sort of made the soup. Sort of ... read on to understand.

You see, I love to eat roasted duck (especially Peking Duck) but I'm also a stingy stay at home mum. I won't buy a S$30+ duck to enjoy on my own. So the other day when Bi Feng Tang 避风塘 was having a National Day Promotion on their Roasted Duck with Dang Gui 当归, my husband bought one whole duck home. Yummy!

I deboned the duck but kept the bones to make soup. It so rich in flavours, it would be a waste to throw them away. This duck was roasted with Chinese Herbs and Spices stuffed in it, so it was rather aromatic.

To make the soup, I simmered the bones, fats and some skin that was too tough to chew with 1.5 litre of water for 3 hours. During the last hour, I added six red dates and half an hour later, a handful of wolfberries. No seasonings was required here. Yeah, I cheated in making the soup. LOL But at least nothing is wasted. Well, maybe except for the head and parson's nose. *wink*

I only had Dried Soba at home so I used that instead of the usual yellow noodles. Drain the cooked soba, placed some leftover roasted duck meat on top and poured the soup over. Hmmm... nice supper we had.

Try it the next time you buy a whole duck.

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't really matter if it's semi-homemade, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same! I take the duck bones to make stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly!

    Jaden, You do that too? It's great isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete