AdSense

Monday, August 13, 2007

Stir Fried Beef with Spring Onion and Ginger


In the past, when I do not know how to cook, my husband and I would to eat at 煮炒店 (a more economical alternative to dining at restaurants). One dish we like to order is 姜葱鹿肉 Stir fried Deer Meat with Spring Onion and Ginger but seriously, do you think they really serve Deer Meat? I think it's more like beef to me. We like how they do it. It's always tender, not tough at all.

Ingredients:
  • 250g Lean Beef, sliced into strips
  • Spring onions, white part only cut into sections
  • 5 slice Ginger
  • 1 tablespoon Oil
Marinade:
  • 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons Cornflour
Seasonings:
  • 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
  • 4 tablespoon Water
How to do it:
  1. Marinate beef and set aside for at least an hour.
  2. Mix ingredients for seasonings and set aside.
  3. Heat oil in wok.
  4. Add spring onion and ginger and saute till fragrant.
  5. Add beef and quickly stir fry till 75% cooked.
  6. Add seasoning and stir fry in heat heat till sauce thickens and beef is just cooked.
  7. Dish and serve immediately.
Note:
Add 3 tablespoon of crushed black pepper to change it to black pepper beef instead. You can leave out the spring onions.

10 comments:

  1. I like this especially when the meat is tender. I tried only pork cook in this way, never try beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I tried your Beef w/spring onions.
    It taste exactly like what i can order in malaysia or singapore restaurant.
    On top of that, i use this recipes for wet hor fun as well. Just add more sauces.
    My husband love it.

    Thanks.
    Malaysian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...

    I tried this dish just last night - doubled the quantities... it turned out really yummy... (I might just put less soya sauce though, as my family do not eat very salty & also less cornflour too) but overall, am very happy with the dish as it was my 1st time stir frying beef too! :-) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can pork be used for the same method?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've cooked this dish several times already following your recipe and so far everyone that I have cooked for LOVES IT! I too like it as it is as close as you can get, minus the MSG, at restaurants. FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've followed ever step of the way in this recipe and so far I've cooked it several times already and everyone that I have cooked for LOVED IT! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete