AdSense

Friday, August 24, 2007

Grilled Fish Fillet in Miso


I did a similar dish but since that was pan fried, it was slightly oily but juicy. This oven grilled version is less oily but flaky. Whichever way it's done, I like. haha. If you have an oven, try this.

Ingredients:
  • 1 slice fish fillet, I use Snapper here
  • 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
  • 1 tablespoon Mirin
Dressing:
  • 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
How to do it:
  1. Mix miso paste and mirin well.
  2. Coat fish with miso mixture.
  3. Refrigerate for 3 hours, best if over night. When the fish has a very light brown tone, it's ready.
  4. Scrap off excess miso mixture from the fish but do not wash it.
  5. Grill the fish at 200◦c for 20 minutes or till fish is slightly brown, turning only once.
  6. Remove to a plate.
  7. Drizzle dressing over and serve with salad if you like.
Note:
I cut fish fillet into two pieces for easy grilling.


☆ Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

5 comments:

  1. i miss my oven so much! this recipe looks really good to me. i love miso :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look delicious. Grilled salmon is a stable in our family. Do you bake them in the oven using a gilling pan? That's how I "grill" meat in my oven, otherwise I would use the broiling function or use an indoor stovetop grill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, the colour is so nice. Now I also crave for an oven. Did you get a convection oven or microwave oven? I don't intend to buy until i shift though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kelly & Tracy!

    Jean, For this I just grill it on a flat pan bcos my grill pan is too big to fit it the oven.

    Joanne, you can always buy first and move it to your new place mah. ;)

    ReplyDelete