AdSense

Friday, April 13, 2007

Pan Fried Cod in Miso Paste


My friend, Joanne, did a Pan Fried Salmon in Miso Sauce sometime back. Since I still have plenty of miso paste left in the fridge, I finally did mine using Cod yesterday.

Ingredients:
  • 2 pieces Cod, deboned
  • Oil for frying
Marinade:
  • 1 tablespoon Miso Paste, preferrably the light brown type
  • 2 tablespoon Mirin
  • 1 tablespoon cooking wine
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
How to do it:
  1. Wash and dry Cod.
  2. Mix ingredients for marinade well
  3. Put Cod in the marinade.
  4. Marinate for 1/2 hour.
  5. Heat pan with oil.
  6. Remove excess marinade on the cod with finger.
  7. Pan fried on middle fire, one side till brown before turning to the other side.
  8. Dish and serve.

10 comments:

  1. I just bought some cod fish and was wondering what to do with it :) I have tried the one with tumeric leaf and now I can try something new again.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours look more appetising. Pai say mine is lousing cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LZmommy,
    You're welcome. You have 2 to try, Joanne's and mine ;) hope you like it.

    Joanne,
    Not at all!!! Yours got me to want to cook mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know... I never know how to cook cod other than steaming and pan-frying it... so I'm gonna try this recipe! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris,
    Hope you like it. ;)
    I'm as usually busy with my kids and being a maid when I'm not blogging. :p Thanks!
    Hope you are all well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cos just taste too bland IMHO, I rather have Skate or other white fish. Salmon would be best.

    BTW, vote me for WORST BLOG and Corporate blog! I got overrrun ..and so..now I am NOT the worst.... BooHuHu, I want that free trip!

    azrin ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Azrin,

    You can use whatever fish you prefer. My family doesnt like cooked salmon. The kids only like cod.

    You are 1 werid blogger. I thot you will sooooo hopping mad about being nominated as the worst blog. (I read your post on that issue) And now you want pple to vote for you for that? Weird, just weird...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi may I know where did u get ur miso paste from?

    ReplyDelete