The supermarket here was selling durian at $10 for 3 boxes. I just couldn't resist buying them. They were quite good for the price.
I went back the next day to get another 3 boxes with the intention of making durian cake. I had removed all the durian pulp. When I was ready to make it, my friend called and said she couldn't get the cake from me. I always pass some of my cakes to my friend as we can never finish them.
In the end I decided to make Puff instead, which is much easier. These are mini, bite-size puff.
Since I had already prepared the durian pulp, that is, all beaten up, I decided to use them all. You don't have to add so much. Here's my recipe for the Durian Cream Filling .
How to do it:
- 200 ml Diary or Non-diary Whipping Cream
- 350g Durian pulp
- 10g Gelatine Powder
- 3 tablespoon Hot Water
- Beat whipping cream till soft peak. You might want to use an electric beater as it will take quite a while if using hand.
- Melt gelatine powder with hot water.
- Add the melted gelatine and durian to the whipped cream and mix well.
- Your durian cream filling is ready to use.
As I had put a lot of durian pulp for my durian cream filling, I decided to save half of the amount and freeze it. 4 hours later ... viola! It became creamy and yummy Durian Ice Cream!