My first recipe after a long break. I had wanted to post other recipes but I had to redo those dishes again just to make sure the quantity is right. So this is easier as I had referred this from a magazine. :P
I did this when durian was not in season but I just happened to see them in a supermarket. I knew I had to buy them. I ate some and when I saw the durian cake recipe from a magazine, I kept the rest for it.
This recipe, like the 15 minutes Cupcake, is really easy and almost fail proof. Try it if you like durian.
- 250g Mashed Durian Flesh (original was using 170g)
- 250g Butter
- 150g Castor Sugar (original was using 180g)
- 5 Eggs
- 240g Flour, sifted (Plain/All purpose)
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, sifted
How to do it:
- Cream butter and sugar til light fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
- Add in durian gradually and beat for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add in flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased and lined 25cm X 25cam baking tray. ( I baked in 6' rectangle tin and muffin cups)
- Bake at 180C for 40 to 50 minutes or till cake is done (check using toothpick)
Source and credits : Se Xiang Wei issue no. 101, page 74