Huh? What 15 minutes cupcake? Weird name, right? Well, I don't how to call this. :P It actually a normal cupcake except this is recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake. Hence, I gave it this name. ;) Had this idea to try this out after seeing a similar recipe on cake in a magazine.
It's not only fast to make but very easy too. And you will be surprised with the results too. At least, my husband and I was surprised. Before, we bite into one, I was telling him, "Just dump everything inside, beat, beat, beat and bake. 15 minutes later - done. Hmm ... I don't know... "
It turned out moist and fluffy. Yeah, it won't lose out to any other complicated recipes I have tried (baking). I mean if I spend 30 minutes to get this result. I won't want to spend 1 hour or more to get similar result mah. Oh, and utensils used are lesser, hence, less washing. Okay. Maybe, I'm a amateur. I can't really tell the difference lah. :P
But if you had always wanted to try baking or have failed many attempts, try this. In my opinion, this is fail proof. ;)
- 225g Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 130g Sugar
- 125g Butter, soften
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Beat to combined.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Beat well till mixture is smooth and pale.
- Stir in chocolate chip, raisins, nuts, etc, if you like.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes till golden on top.
- Cool on rack.
I used both a 12 hole and 6 hole pan.
12 hole pan cupcake took 15 minutes to bake.
6 hole pan cupcake took 20 minutes to bake.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.