AdSense

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grilled Salmon with Herbs

If you recall, I mentioned in my earlier post that my hubby wants fish for dinner. This is his latest favourite fish dish.

However, accordingly to the seller for fennel which is used in this dish, not many people like it as the smell is rather strong. It is rather strong but that's exactly why it's used. I don't eat cooked salmon (I only like it as sashimi) because of the smell when it's cooked but when it's cooked with herb, I smell of the aroma of the herb instead. Yeah, I'm not so put off by cooked salmon now.

Another plus point for this dish - very easy and fast to cook. Nice for those who are come back home late but still want some hot home cooked dinner. Just blanch or steam some veggies to go with this and dinner is done.

I'm using oven to cook this but if you do not have one, you can try steaming it. However, do seal it with foil or cling wrap when you steam it. This is to avoid adding the water vapor from steaming to the fish.


Ingredients:
  • 100g Salmon
  • 1 glove Garlic, chopped finely
  • Lemon Zest of 1 Lemon
  • 1/2 tablespoon Dill, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
  • A pinch of salt and pepper
  • A wedge of lemon

How to do it:
  1. Rub salt and pepper on salmon and set aside.
  2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together except lemon.
  3. Spread the herb mixture on both sides of the salmon, more on the top.
  4. Grill in oven at 180C for 30 minutes or till cooked.
  5. Squeeze on some lemon juice just before you eat.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.



4 comments:

  1. That looks good, ever try itallian dressing and herbs for salmon?

    Thats how I usually do it, but now I have new options.

    www.sweetredwines.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    I'll try to find that and try it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete