My husband wants to have fish on alternate days. That's three times a week. I already have some fish dishes to at least last for a few weeks so I'm not worried that I'll run out of ideas on how to cook fish for him.
But I will definitely add a few more. This one here is one of them. There is other Grilled Salmon with Herbs coming up soon. If you visit here, you'll be able to know what to expect.
This dish here is both a fish and soup dish. And I have added some mushrooms too. So it could be considered as a all-in-one dish. Oh, this is easy and fast to cook too!
- 100g Snapper Fillet
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- A small bunch of Shimeiji Mushroom
- 300ml Miso Soup
How to do it:
- Rub fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Stir fry Shimeiji Mushroom for 2 minute with a pinch of salt, dish and set aside.
- Using the same pan, pan-fry fish on both sides till just cooked.
- While you are pan-frying your fish, prepare your miso soup, as per instruction on the package.
- Place fish in a deep dish and top with shimeiji mushroom.
- Pour the miso soup over and serve.
Alternative using oven (which is what I did):
- Spread little oil on the fish and mushroom.
- Bake both together using different dishes in preheated oven at 200C.
- After 3 minutes, remove the mushroom and flip the fish if you like.
- Continue baking for another 8 minutes or till fish is just cook.
- Remove and serve at mentioned above.
You can add vegetables in your miso soup and omit the shimeiji mushroom.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.