AdSense

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Seafood Baked Rice with Cream Sauce

My husband finally got me an oven as an encouragement and to let me explore more way of cooking. I haven't had the time to bake cakes yet. With my son's enrichment classes starting this coming Saturday, I foresee even less time to cook. One thing for sure, I won't be able to cook on Saturdays now.

Anyway, this was the very first dish I made using the oven. I didn't want to be disappointed and so I cheated for this dish. Haha ... Have to make it a little easier for a first timer. *wink*

Ingredients:
  • 2 cup Cooked Rice
  • 1/2 Bell Peppers, diced coarsely
  • 4 Prawn, shelled and blanched
  • 1 small Squid, cleaned, blanched and sliced into rings
  • 1 cup ready-made Cream Sauce of your choice
  • 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to do it:
  1. Place rice in a baking dish.
  2. Spread 1/2 cup of cream sauce and 1/3 cheese over the rice.
  3. Place prawns, squid and bell pepper over the rice.
  4. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of cream sauce over it.
  5. Sprinkle the remain cheese over and cover it.
  6. Bake in preheated oven to 200C for 20 minutes or till cheese are melted and a little browned.
  7. Sprinkle on some Parmesan Cheese before you eat if you like.

14 comments:

  1. your husband won't regret buying you an oven :)

    i can't wait to see more baking recipes on your blog!

    yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new oven! The color on that casserole is great and I can almost taste the cheesiness in that last photo. I would say the oven is an investment, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,
    Thanks! I hope he didnt regret it. ;) I hope to do more baking too, if I can find the time. I really need more practise! :p

    Kelly,
    Thanks! :) I love melted cheese alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi WM, so glad to see this recipe here... I love baked rice!!!! =) BTW, is cream cheese in creamy form, unlike processed cheese? I used to make baked rice with those cheese mix for making pasta...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana,
    I love baked rice too!
    The sauce I used is a creamy one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm.. can use microwave to cook it?? i love baked cheese rice as well.. mm.. maybe i can 'slot in' for my next wk dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. instead of putting cream, what I do is to put in a can of campbell(without water)- cream of mushroom or chicken just to make it more tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your new oven!! Hope to see your baking goods soon!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried it yday, but i dunno what Cream Source is it, I just replace it with the spagetti 'white source' (mushroom herb flavour).. and use microwave (lazy to take out the oven)... taste good, but dont have the brownie top layer then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Life Zone,
    You can lah but I think you can only melt the cheese. You wont get the burn cheese on the top.

    Dawn,
    Thanks for the tip. Will try that next time. ;)

    Blur Mommy,
    Thanks! I'm still finding time to bake. :p

    Sasha,
    Do you do make/eat this often? I love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Life Zone,
    Yah becos microwave can only heat and melt the cheese cant bake it, so you can get the burned cheese. But it's nice anyway, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi !Wonderful site you have & give me ideas too.As a SAHM I sometime also run out of ideas & your site give me menu for fast & simple recipe.May I just chk your cream sauce is it those spagetti sauce cream type & no need add water?Thks & hv a gd day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evelyn,
    Thanks for visiting.
    Yes, that's right. No need to add water. Just use it as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete