AdSense

Friday, August 31, 2007

Ham and Cheese Omelette Sandwich


If you want to have a heavy breakfast this is what you should eat.

My kids hates baked beans and the creamy oozing cheese. hmmm ... In the end, I finished it all by myself. Since I'm a small eater but had to be a glutton, I had to skip lunch as I was so bloated. Hopefully they will grow up to like this. They don't know what they are missing.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • 1 slice Ham of your choice, chopped into bits
  • 1 slice Cheese of your choice, chopped into bits
  • 1 - 2 slice Bread of your choice, toasted
  • 1 tablespoon Baked Beans, steamed if preferred
  • 2 Lettuce Leaves
  • 1/3 teaspoon Oil
How to do it:
  1. Heat pan with oil.
  2. Pour egg mixture and swirl it around to coat the pan.
  3. When the egg is set at the base but still not thoroughly cooked, sprinkle ham and cheese to one half of the egg.
  4. Fold the egg over to cover it.
  5. Gently press the edge of the egg to let it seal.
  6. Flip is over to fry for another 13 seconds.
  7. Dish out.
  8. On a plate, place the lettuce on the bread.
  9. Scoop the baked beans on the lettuce.
  10. Plate the ham and cheese omelette on top.
  11. Squeeze some tomato sauce on top if preferred.
  12. Add another slice of bread if this is not filling enough for you.
Note:
  • Try using luncheon meat in place of ham too. Taste great too.
  • I cut the omelette in halves and have it like a sandwich. A bit messy but I prefer to eat with hands. *wink*
☆ Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

* Ham and Cheese Omelette with Baked Bean at the bottom *

7 comments:

  1. Looks really good. Omlettes are such a versatile dish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Thanks! Yes, I think so too and we love eggs!

    Blur Mommy,
    Hahaha ... ya. I usually share it with my hubby but he has already left for work. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dishes always look soooo drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. somebodyhastobe,
    Thanks for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is awesome! I tried a simple ham and egg + cheese sandwich and I was absolutely thrilled! wow... is it better with the baked beans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One Other,
    Thanks! It's better if you like baked beans. :)

    ReplyDelete