AdSense

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fried Chicken Wings with Coriander

We haven't had fried chicken wings for a long time since my hubby has to lose that spare tyre he has and my son was coughing too. I have decided that we have staying away from it for long enough. Haha... And so we are going to indulge again. hehe ...

These I made has a light coriander taste and smell. Rather nice for a change from the usual salty or sweet taste, if you like coriander that is.

Ingredients:
  • 6 Chicken Wings, section if you like
  • Oil for frying

Marinade:

  • 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1 tablespoon Sugar
  • 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 sprig Coriander Roots, grated into paste
How to do it:
  1. Marinate chicken wings in the marinade for 3 hours (best if over night), turning occasionally to get it well marinated.
  2. Heat oil and reduce to low fire.
  3. Deep fried the chicken wings till cooked and golden brown.
  4. Drain and serve.
Note:
Do not fry on high heat. The marinade contains sugar and the skin of chicken wing be burned before it's cooked.

☆ Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE wings...esp with Asian marinades.

    Usually, I'll make a batch for the kids and husband (non spicy) and then a batch for myself (spicy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaden,
    We love wings too. Our all time favourite is Sour(Lime) Wings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sour Lime Wings?!? I MUST TRY!! Do you have recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaden,
    The marinade is just 2 tablespoon of lime juice with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Originally made my my grandmother-in-law was with white vinegar and salt. But I like it better with lime. ;)

    Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks really good. My DH loves wings. Will have to try it out one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very nicely done. We love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blur Mommy, Joanne,
    Thanks! I think most people loves wings, huh. We can get enough of it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely look into using some of these ideas for the BBQ Sauce. I recently made BBQ Fried Chicken Wings at home and just used a store bought sauce! Your sauce looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter,
    Oooo ... bet your wings are delicious!! Must try your method of putting the sauce with the flour!

    ReplyDelete