AdSense

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Croquette with hidden treasure


You know how you can use the same ingredients to cook it it many different ways. In this dish, I have used the two main ingredients, pork and fish paste, in this dish before and the kids like both dishes.

Yeah, kids always like fried food. It's crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and with a surprise too. Just let the picture do the talking. *wink*

Ingredients:
How to do it:
  1. Mix pork and fish paste together.
  2. Scoop about 2 - 3 tablespoons of paste onto your (clean) palm.
  3. Place an egg in the middle.
  4. Fold in the paste so that it covers the egg.
  5. Cover it with breadcrumbs.
  6. Shape it with your palms before frying it.
  7. Remove when it turn golden brown.
  8. Drain and serve with assorted sauce.
Note:Batter is not required first as the breadcrumbs can stick to the meat.

17 comments:

  1. I love it- you are always so inventive; you just amaze me with all those ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi..just wanna know each croquette have an whole egg or half??
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that egg surprise in your croquette! And lovely presentation too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u made me slurps, slurps, slurps... really really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments :)

    Linda,
    I use 1 whole quail egg for 1 croquette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really, really good! I can't wait to make this for my little rascal! He is at a stage where he is really curious ... always asking "what this??"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tricia! My kids love this. Hope your curious son likes it too. And hope he likes surprises too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... love the presentation and yummy looking food. It looks easy to make too. I shall let my son try to cook this by himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowww....... *drools* yeahhh.. so creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ECL, You training your son to cook ah? hehe ... I think he wont have a problem with this dish. ;)

    Jane, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    It sure look delicious... Can I check if you need to add any seasoning? Thanks a lot! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous,
    Thanks. I didn't add seasonings as the fish paste usually came seasoned. If you are doing your own fish paste, you can season with 1 pinch of salt, 1 tsp light soy sauce and a dash of pepper for the pork and fish paste mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute food. I've never boiled quail eggs. How long do you boil them for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous,
    Thanks. I boil for about 4 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I like the presentation with the mayo. It's really similar to mini Scotch eggs, a traditional British snack food. The normal sized ones are made with a whole hard boiled egg inside, and then wrapped with sausage meat, and then coated with breadcrumbs. Mini scotch eggs are often done wityh chopped up hard boil eggs, or sometimes with quail eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nilmandra,
    Thanks for the insight. Will try the traditional one. :)

    ReplyDelete