Quite some time ago, my husband bought me a box of chocolate truffles and guess how much it was? S$1.50 a piece!! My God! So expensive and my heart pains each time I took a bite. It was very good but no matter how much I love those, I refuse to buy them again. It was an extravagant indulgence.
I found a Chocolate Truffles recipe in a 'small' recipe book on Chocolate, my husband bought when he bought the oven for me. I did some adjustments to it and made these instead.
Everyone at home love it and it's cheap to make!
- 180g Confectioner's Sugar aka Icing Sugar
- 60g Cream Cheese (I use Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 100g Unsweetened Chocolate
- Cocoa Powder for rolling
How to do it:
- Mix cream cheese and sugar together.
- Melt Chocolate using double boil method.
- Add to the cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Scoop some mixture and roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for an hour to harden.
- Pour some cocoa powder on a plate.
- Place chocolate balls on the powder.
- Roll to coat evenly.
- Pop one in your mouth now and enjoy. *wink*