AdSense

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pan Grilled Terikayi Shitake Mushroom


A quick post to let you know I'm still kicking, though barely alive. I had been busy for the past week with the kids' stuff, making and preparing gifts for their teachers and friends before the end of school.

Both my kids are going to new schools next year. So it was a farewell kind of thing for them. School holidays has only just started this week and it feels like it has been weeks already. My kids are driving me up the wall. I feel so drained out everyday.

Before the holidays, I still had my 2 hours break after I send the kids to school. Now, my break time is when the kids are in bed at night but by then I'll be busy trying to clear my housework. I desperately need to clone myself. Any scientist out there? :P

Okay, enough of my rants. This idea that I'm sharing is really easy and simple. We use to do this for our BBQ but using commercially bought sauce. Here, I had use the sauce left from making the Teriyaki Chicken for my son's lunch box.

I generously basted the Shitake Mushroom with the sauce before setting them on the grilling pan. I sprayed the pan with butter first. You could use normal butter or just cooking oil. Grill each side for 1 to 2 minutes depending on the size of the mushroom. Baste the mushroom with more sauce if you like before turning them over for grilling. As the sauce contains sugar, be careful not to turn the heat to high and burn the mushroom. Medium heat should be enough.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment