My kids love fish balls a lot so I buy fish paste from the uncle who sells yong tau foo to make it into other dishes for them. Making it myself will takes up too much time.
This dish is similar to this dish I made, except this is steamed. Hence seaweed is not used as steaming with the seaweed would make it soft and soggy. I doubt my kids would like it. I just sprinkle on some seaweed flakes for colour.
- 150g Fish Paste
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Seaweed Flakes (optional)
- 2 drops of Oil
- Heat pan with oil.
- Pour half of the beaten egg into the pan.
- Swirl the pan to let the egg spread out.
- Remove egg when it's cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the beaten egg.
Spread fish paste thinly over one egg crepe.
- Place the second egg crepe on top of the fish paste.
- Spread fish paste thinly it.
- Sprinkle seaweed flakes over the fish paste if you like.
- Start rolling it (like sushi).
- Tuck in the ends.
- Place on a plate and cover with cling wrap (to avoid water from getting it and making the egg soggy)
- Steam for 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove, sliced into smaller pieces and serve.
You can choose not to double it. Just roll with one egg crepe. You will have a small roll.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.