AdSense

Friday, October 19, 2007

Strawberry Milk Pudding


My kids love Meiji's Milk but they both have taste. The older boy prefers Strawberry Flavour and the younger girl, Chocolate. So I had to buy both flavours if I'm buying milk.

Occasionally, there will be leftovers and in order to make them finish the milk before the expiry date, I turn the milk into pudding.

It's really easy. Just melt 1 tablespoon of gelantine in 50ml of hot syrup (boiling water with sugar) and add that to 400ml of milk. Pour it to your mould and refrigerate till it is set.

Add whipped cream or fruits to it or just have it on its own.

Note:
If you prefer a firmer jelly, add more gelatine. Like wise, increase or decrease the amount of sugar for the syrup according to your taste.

6 comments:

  1. Hi. This looks very pretty and I am sure my 4 year old will love it.
    How much sugar did you appriately use? Tks.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... give me an idea on how to 'feed' my son with more milk :) (as he had stop milk)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,
    I add slightly more than 1/2 tablespoon sugar for my kids. My husband find it not sweet enough though.

    Hope your kid will like it.

    My Life Zone,
    Oh yeah! I hope he will like this then. If he likes it, you can try using milk made from his milk powder which will have more nutrients. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an easy recipe that I have to save it under my 'must try' list which I can use my flavoring e.g. vanilla, rose and pandan. Good that I can use leftover milk powder too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried 2 weeks ago and brought to a gathering. I made rose flavor and very well liked by my friends.

    ReplyDelete