I did similar dishes before. This very first was a plain Seaweed with Fish Paste Roll. Then I did a variation with Carrots and Spring Onions in the rolls.
This is yet another variation of the previous two. I think this version looks a lot nicer! My daughter loves it because there's egg in it!
- 1 sheet Nori
- 150g Fish paste
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Plain flour with water Batter (optional)
How to do it:
- Heat pan with oil.
- Scramble egg and pour into pan.
- Swirl the pan to let the egg spread out.
- Remove egg when it's cooked.
- Spread fish paste thinly over egg and roll.
- Set aside.
- Take a piece of nori and spread fish paste thinly over it.
- Place the egg on the edge of the nori and roll it.
- Roll (like sushi) the nori starting from the side with the fish paste.
- Cut the roll into smaller piece
- Pan fry the roll till cooked.
- Alternatively, you can dip the roll into the batter and deep fry till cooked.
- Cut the roll into smaller pieces and serve.