AdSense

Monday, May 21, 2007

Pan Baked Chocolate Chips Cookies

Another pan-baked pastry. So far this is my third pan-baked. Did you miss the other 2? This first one was a Sponge Cake and the second one was Muffins. This time round I'm making cookies. Don't expect great looking cookies. You can see from the pictures they ain't good looking. But don't judge the outlook, okay. They taste great.

This is my second attempt. My first attempt was a few years ago and I did a plain butter cookie. After that attempt, I lost the recipe and had finally found it again.

Ingredients:
  • 125g Low Gluten Flour, like cake flour, shifted
  • 100g Melted Butter
  • 70g Fine Sugar
  • Chocolate Chips, you desire amount
How to do it:
  1. Beat butter and sugar together.
  2. Fold in flour till dough like.
  3. Add in Chocolate chips and knead in.
  4. Separate the dough into small doughs.
  5. Flatten the small doughs with your palms.
  6. Lay the flatten doughs on the flat pan.
  7. Cook for 5 minutes on low fire.
  8. Turn in over and cook for another 3 minutes.
  9. Remove and cool.
Note:
  • Do not crowd the pan because you have have problem turning them over.
  • They are still very soft when they are cooking so turn them over carefully and slowly.
  • Remove them from pan slowly to otherwise they may break.
  • They will harden when they are cooled.
  • You can choose not to add Chocolate Chips. Butter cookies are great too!

10 comments:

  1. Hi! This is really great for me! :) I don't have an oven but I've been wanting to do some cookies with my gal! Btw do I need to oil the pan? And I got an error msg when I clicked the muffin link, can I have the link? Thanks alot! :)

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the choc chips! These actually look like those raisin cookies from the classic blue butter cookie tin(you know which one I referring to, right?) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah cookies also can fry fry one..amazing..hmm let me try ah...see come out as nice as your one or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith,
    Dont add oil. There is butter in it. It will 'fry' ;)

    I have fixed the muffin link.

    Have fun 'baking'!

    Tigerfish,
    I know which one you are referring too!! Haha~ Yah, they do look a bit like those. hehe.

    Mommy of 2 angels,
    Sure your cookies will come out nice!! Just be extra careful when flipping the cookies. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hi, Thanks a lot! :) Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wokking Mum, I tried out this recipe last week and must say that the cookies taste really good! :P Can I just check, do you have any idea if I use AMC atmosferia (which is supposed to work like an oven), can I still use this recipe, or do I have to follow the recipe on Butter Cookies/Chocolate Chips Cookies (under normal baking)? So sorry, I'm really new to cooking and baking, but always insipired to try out when I look at your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @adenjo, Thanks for the complements on the recipe.

    I'm sorry, I dont know own and neither have I tried using a AMC. Hence, I'm not sure how you should adjust the recipe using it. Maybe you can ask the person who sold it to you? They might know better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi WokkingMum, sure no worries! Thanks for your response! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi can i know how long do i need to beat the butter and sugar? till cream white? thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete