AdSense

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pan Baked Maple Syrup and Raisin Muffin


I don't bake because I don't have an oven. I doubt my hubby is planning to get me one too. I have not been successful asking for a sewing machine for years. Asking for an Oven will be more difficult. He find it an eyesore for the oven to sit on the kitchen top. But he did bought me a Muffin Maker.

Anyway, to bake, I have to find other ways and using a non-stick flat pan is a way. The end product may not look as nice but it taste as nice. Oh well! Better than nothing!

Ingredients:
  • 125g Low Gluten Flour, like Cake Flour (I'm using Top Flour), shifted
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder, added together to flour to be shifted
  • 55g Melted Butter
  • 30g Fine Sugar
  • 25g Maple syrup
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 55g Milk
  • Some Raisins (optional)
How to do it:
  1. Mix butter, sugar and syrup together.
  2. Using a mixer, beat well till foam like.
  3. Add egg and mix well.
  4. Gradually, add in flour to mixture and blend in well.
  5. Add in raisins and milk and mix well.
  6. Pour mixture into baking cup till 3/4 full.
  7. Place cups in the pan and cover.
  8. Cook in low fire for 17-20 minutes.
  9. Turn of the fire but do not remove till a further 15 minutes.
  10. Tada! Non-Bake Muffins done!
Note:
  • Pan baked Muffins did not raised as much as how baked muffins do.
  • They are not as fluffy too but they do taste as nice

* How my Pan Baked Muffins look like inside*

10 comments:

  1. I don't bake cos I cannot bake! :O
    Look like sponge cake hor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigerfish,
    Yeah, it does looks like sponge cake. Actually, if you put cupcake, muffin and sponge cake in front of me, I will eat all 3 and tell you they are the same thing. LOL! I'm just more lousy with bake stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wokking Mum,

    I am so glad when I saw this recipe as I do not have a oven at home and have been looking for a steam cake recipe!
    I couldnt find the cupcake mould you use here? Can I know where you got them? I only found chwee queh mould... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dan! I dont have an oven too! So I love to experiment 'baking' using other methods.

    Chwee queh mould is metal. They wont do. You have to use muffin cups. They are paper with coating. Not sure where you are from but in Singapore, we can get from baking stores like Phoon Huat. Daiso have them too! Remember dont get those pleated one because it wont hold the mixture. They will open up and the mixture will flow out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes I am in Spore.
    Thanks! I will try Daiso but will those paper cups become soggy after steaming?

    Anyway I tried your Pan Baked Cookies and my son loves them but husband complained I didnt add enough chocolate chips...

    Thanks so much for sharing your recipes coz as a full-time working mum who cooks everyday really find it hard to think of new ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan,

    You dont steam them. You pan-bake them without water! ;) I use a non stick pot with lid.

    Maybe your husband got sweet tooth. :) Glad your son likes it! :D

    You are very welcome! I know cooking after returning from work is always tiring that's why my mom never cook. Nice to know you cook! Hope my blog helped in some ways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i see! but I dont have a non-stick pot, only a multi-tier steam pot... guess I have to think of alternative how to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan,
    Using a steel pot should be fine. The cups must sit on the base of the pot to get direct heat.

    So far, I have only used non-stick pot/pan. So I hope the paper doesnt stick to the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi WokkingMum,

    I tried doing cupcakes by steaming...using the cupcakes mould and they work...
    However, my cakes doesn't come out fluffy enough. Its texture like kueh. I am thinking is it because I have not beaten it enough?
    How do I know I have beaten enough?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dan,
    I'm not good with baking. But perhaps for this time, you might have over beaten the batter. Usually if the cake turns out dense (like kueh), it's over beathen. For me, I just beat enough to have the batter will mixed, ie, no lumps and it stop. It shouldn't be too long.

    ReplyDelete