I was looking for my recipe on pan-baked cookies and I found the recipe for pan baked sponge cake instead. Since I had all the ingredients required, I 'baked' this instead of cookie.
This result of the pan-baked cake isn't that bad. It's not as spongy. Although the texture is not a good as the oven-baked version, the taste is quite close. Maybe my measurements, using a lousy weighing scale, is not accurate lah.
So for those who like to try baking but do not have a oven and do not want to spend money buying one (just like me), try this. You will be surprised with the results.
- 2 eggs
- 50g Fine Sugar
- 50 Top Flour, sifted
- 15g Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence (optional)
- Baking ring - I'm using 15cm
- Baking paper, cut to size
- Flat pan
How to do it:
- Beat eggs and sugar together till fluffy.
- Fold in the flour till will mixed.
- Add in melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Lay the baking paper on the pan.
- Put the baking ring in the middle.
- Pour the cake mixture into the ring.
- Cover the pan.
- Start 'baking' with small fire for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for a further 15 minutes after fire is turned off.
- Remove cake from ring and decorate it as you desire.