AdSense

Friday, May 4, 2007

Ladies' Finger with Back Bacon Rolls



I was lazy to come up with ideas to dress up my son's dinner yesterday so he had rice balls in the end.

I wanted him to try eating ladies' finger (it was the veg of the day :p See my other dish). As usual, I cooked it with something he likes. He had Xiao Bai Cai as per his request too.

Ingredients:
  • Back Bacon
  • Ladies Finger, top removed and blanched
  • Oil for frying
How to do it:
  1. Saute the back bacon on both sides with a little oil.
  2. Wrap the ladies finger with the bacon.
  3. Secure with a toothpick.
  4. Return to pan to pan fried till slightly brown.
  5. Dish and serve.
Note:
  • I used Back Bacon instead of Streaky Bacon because it got more meat.
  • No seasonings required as Back Bacon is slightly saltish.

3 comments:

  1. Warren can eat lady's fingers huh. I dare not try for twins cos I think they find the sticky stuff yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's very creative ;).

    i usually like to cook lady fingers with minced meat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne,
    He doesnt eat much. At most 2. Dont cut too thinly and also blanching helps to remove a lot of the sticky stuff.

    Jazzmint,
    Thanks. I wanted to let my son try ladies' finger so it cannot be the main ingredient.

    ReplyDelete