AdSense

Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Bok Choy with Shitake Mushroom
小白菜绘鲜菇


This is a relatively easy dish to prepare. If you are home late and have not prepared your dinner, why not try this ….

Ingredients:
  • 4 stalks Baby Bok Choy 小白菜
  • 5 Shitake Mushroom, sliced
  • ½ tablespoon Garlic
Seasoning:
  • ½ tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • ½ teaspoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoon water
How to do it:
  1. Cut the end of Xiao Bai Cai and wash.
  2. Blanch Xiao Bai Cai in a pot of boiling water with the stems first for30 seconds then whole for another 30 seconds.
  3. Remove and set aside.
  4. In a wok or fry pan, heat ½ tablespoon oil and add in garlic and stir-fry. Add in the shitake mushroom and stir-fry till fragrant.
  5. Now add it the seasoning and bring to boil.
  6. If you want to thicken your sauce, you can stir-in some cornflour mixture. Pour the sauce over the Xiao Bai Cai and serve.

6 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING you do is Beautiful and looks Delicious. I am not much of a cook, so we go to Chinese restaurants sometimes, but everything there is boring compared to your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, I entertained my guests with 3 recipes from your blog out of the 5 dishes I made & they love it! I really have to thank you for sharing them. They have made my dinner very happy & my dinner a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I just provided the recipes. The rest are all your effort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I serve this dish with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a side dish. You can have it with noodle or rice.

      Delete