This is a frequent dish on our dinner table. Sometimes, we have it as supper! That's why I can't really find my waist lately.
- Mid joint Chicken wings
- 1 bowl water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
How to do it:
- Mix the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the wings and marinate for at least ½ hour.
- Saute the wings in pan till lightly burnt. Pour away excess oil.
- Pour the remaining marinade with 1 bowl of water with the chicken in the pan.
- Cook in low fire till the sauce is half.
- Remove and serve hot with rice
You can bring it back to a pan to saute again to get it a slight burnt (like what I did).
*Mirin (味醂) is a rice wine similar to Sake but low in alcohol content and is slightly sweet in taste ... you can say it's a Sweet Rice Wine.