My girl has not been eating very well lately. So I decided to cook porridge today and everybody eat that too! She finished 1 bowl of scallop porridge and asked for more! My boy on the other hand, can't even finish 1 bowl! Sigh! I just can't please everyone, can I?
- Uncook Rice
- Chicken broth
- 2 chicken breast meat, deboned
- 1 handful Dried Scallop
- 3 pieces Dried Abalone Slices
- Salt to taste
- Pacific Clams, sliced half
- Sesame seed oil (optional)
- Blanch the chicken.
- Cook the chicken, dried abalone slices and dried scallop in the chicken broth.
- Remove the chicken when it's cooked.
- Tear the chicken into shreds or chopped into smaller pieces.
- Now cook your rice in the broth with the abalone slices and dried scallop till it become porridge.
- Add your chicken, scallop and/or pacific clams during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Add salt for tasting.
- Dried abalone slice and dried scallop add extra flavours - it will be sweeter. You can choose not to add.
- If you are using scallop, you can add a few slice of ginger to kill the fishiness.
- Initially when cooking the rice, use medium fire. Do not stir the content.
- When the rice breaks, turn to medium-low fire to simmer to continue cooking. Stir only occasionally to prevent the porridge from sticking to the base. Consistent stirring will mash the grains