AdSense

Monday, January 22, 2007

Soft-shell Clams in Spicy Tomato Sauce
大头炒辣茄汁



I love to eat cockles, clams, mussels, etc. I only cook them once a while because my family doesn’t really enjoy it. I have been having this craving for soft-shell clams lately. Every time I pass by this stall (the only stall) in the wet market selling clams, I would quickly walk pass it to stop myself for having a second look. Last Friday, I couldn’t resist the temptation and bought home 1 kg. We had it as supper.

Ingredients:
  • Soft-shell clams, soaked in salted water for them to ‘split out’ the sand and brushed to clean the dirt on the shells
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chilli sauce (I use Hommaid Brand - Nyonya Crispy Prawn Chilli Sauce)
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon cooking wine
  • 1 egg
  • Salt for tasting
  • Oil for frying
  • Corn flour with water (thickener)

How to do it:
  1. In a pot, stir-fry garlic in oil till fragrant.
  2. Add in the clams and stir fry till the shells open.
  3. Add in tomato, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and cooking wine.
  4. Let it simmer for about 7 minutes or till the clams are cooked.
  5. Add salt for tasting.
  6. Slowly stir-in the corn flour mixture.
  7. Now stir-in the beaten egg.
  8. Serve.

Note:
You might like to add more chilli if you are using sweet chilli sauce like Maggi Brand. I didn’t add water because you will get quite a bit of sauce when you stir-fry the clams. So water isn’t necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Group Recipes. I keep a food blog too.
    I love those quick and easy recipes.
    Quick and easy does not mean sacrificing taste, right ?

    ReplyDelete