One of my son's favourite soup is Shark's Fin Melon Soup and my daughter's orange soup, Cordyceps Militaris Chicken Soup.
Here, I combine both their favourites. Cordyceps Militaris makes the soup extra fragrant and sweet. This is one of the few soups that they both like. Usually, when one of them like a certain soup, chances are, the other one hates it. =_=|||
You probably know what I'm going to say next. "I have weird kids." :P
- 500g Shark's Fin Melon, skin and seeds removed and cut into smaller pieces
- 250g Pork Ribs
- 1.5 ltr Water
- 15g Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花
- 2 tablespoon Wolfberries 枸杞子
- 8 Dried Seedless Red Dates 红枣
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch pork ribs.
- Place blanched pork ribs in a fresh pot of water.
- Put all ingredients, except wolfberries and salt in a pot.
- Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Add wolfberries during the last hour before end of cooking
- Add salt to taste.