AdSense

Monday, May 28, 2012

Mango Pavlova and Soda
芒果帕芙洛娃与苏打


I had cravings for something (real) sweet and decided to my favourite dessert, Pavlova. I don't bake much because I really bad at it. It takes lots of patience and I hate the washing up the most. In addition, my family doesn't eat much either, except for cookies.

I prefer Pavlova that's crunchy and not marshmallow-like inside, so I baked it a little longer at a lower temperature. I can store it longer this way too. I'm serving it with Mango. You can served it with other fruits for the Pavlova too.  I had enough mango so I blended some into puree and used it to make Mango Soda too.

To those with sweet-tooth, this is for you. ;)


Ingredients:
  • 4 Egg Whites (from 60g Eggs at room temperature)
  • 140g Extra Fine Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Essence
  • 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Corn Flour, sifted

How to do it:
  1. Beat egg whites till soft peaks.
  2. Add in sugar gradually, in small amount (a tablespoon at a time) each time.
  3. Beat on high speed till sugar has dissolved and the meringue is stiff peaks and shiny.
  4. Beat in the vanilla extract.
  5. Add in the vinegar and sprinkle the cornstarch over the meringue
  6. Fold in to the meringue gently.
  7. Place in a piping bag or zip-loc bag with or without a noozle.
  8. Pipe meringue into a well like shape (see left photo at the bottom of this post)
  9. Bake in preheated oven at 110C for 1 1/2 hours.
  10. Leave the oven door ajar for 15mins to cool in the oven.
  11. Remove to to cool on the rack before storing in air-tight container.



To make Mango Pavlova:
  1. Pipe in some butter cream into the Pavlova 'well'.
  2. Top to diced mangoes.
  3. Serve.


To make Mango Soda:
  1. Scoop some Mango Puree to the bottom of the glass.
  2. Pour in Sprite or 7-up.
  3. Add in some ice cubes and mint leaves, if you like.
  4. Serve.


Pavlova Shells


 
I used the remaining meringue to make Meringue Cookies


1 comment:

  1. Mango soda sounds interesting ! It must be an all-sweet dessert experience for the day.

    ReplyDelete