AdSense

Friday, June 20, 2008

Meringue Kisses


I did this with a different recipe before. Although, there is a slight different but both taste the same. This one, as I have use a piping tip, look a lot more cuter. Don't you tell it looks like the candy on the small oval biscuit 面包花 we use to eat as kids? Singaporeans and Malaysians would know what I'm referring too. ;)

I realised the key to make is timing and temperature. Bake at low temperature and bake it long. We are suppose to dry it not brown it. But being impatient, I tried raising the temperature a little bit and my meringue kisses started to brown. Aww ... I'll make sure to get it right the next time.

By the way, this is really sweet. Plus since this take so long to bake. I don't want you to come back saying I sabo (sabotage) you. ;) So, if you don't have a sweet tooth or don't enjoy eating sweet stuff, don't try this. :P


Ingredients:
  • 4 Egg Whites
  • 250g Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour

How to do it:
  1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar till soft peaks.
  2. Gradually add in sugar and continue beating till stiff. This will take about 15 minutes.
  3. Fold in cornflour.
  4. Pour mixture into piping bag with a star tip.
  5. Pipe it on baking paper (no greasing required).
  6. Bake at 120c for 1 hour or till dry and crispy.
  7. Remove and let it cool for 1 minute before removing from the baking paper.
  8. Store in air-tight container once completely cooled on rack.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe but please consider the environment before deciding to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment