I had Cordyceps Sinensis 冬虫夏草 regularly when I was pregnant with my first child. And of course I want to do the same when I'm pregnant with my second child. However the price for Cordyceps Sinensis 冬虫夏草 has rose to a extorted price. Then I was introduced to Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花.
It has similar medicinal value to Cordyceps Sinensis 冬虫夏草 though not of comparable strength but the price of Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花 is also only a small fraction of the Cordyceps Sinensis too.
Logically, it is more effective to take Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花 regularly then to take Cordyceps Sinensis 冬虫夏草 once a while.
We have since been having Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花 for the pass 6 years. Oh, there isn't much difference in the taste except the soup made using Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花 looks more orange in colour. My daughter called it Orange Soup, by the way. ;)
- 1 Chicken
- 20g Cordyceps Militaris 虫草花
- 2 tablespoon Wolfberries 枸杞子
- 15 Dried Seedless Red Dates 红枣
- 1.5 liter Water
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch Chicken to remove the scum.
- Put all ingredients, except wolfberries and salt in a pot.
- Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Add wolfberries during the last hour before end of cooking
- Add salt to taste.