I usually replace the pasta with soba if I'm cooking for the family. For this dish I made a plate using the pasta in animal shapes I have been trying to finish (because the kids hated it) for myself.
Try it with shells, Penne or other pasta that can hold the sauce in it. So every mouthful is filled with sauce. Yummy!
- 2 palm sized Portobello Mushroom, diced
- 8 Brown cap Button Mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooked Pasta for two
- Heat wok, add olive oil or butter.
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Add portobello mushroom.
- Saute till well cooked. You will see sauce from the cooking.
- Add button mushroom.
- Saute well.
- Add in the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add half of the Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer till sauce thickens
- Dish and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- You can choose not to add portobello mushroom and use more button mushroom instead.
- Portobello mushroom will help increase the taste of mushroom.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.