I cooked this sometime back just for myself because no one at home like clams. Well, not when it's cooked this way. They preferred it this way. I don't really enjoy eating alone. It makes food seems boring.
Anyway, I just have the plate of cooked clams in front of me, pick out all the shells, then have it with a bowl of rice. The sauce is sweet and I like it with rice. I like it more if I have someone to enjoy this with. *wink*
- 500g Soft Shell Clams, soaked in salted water for them to ‘split out’ the sand and brushed to clean the dirt on the shells
- 4 glove Garlic , sliced
- 4 tablespoon White Wine
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 bunch Basil Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat wok with oil.
- Add in garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in the clams
- Stir fry till the clams have open. Throw away those which are not open (Do not force open. They are probably bad)
- Add in the wine and simmer till cooked.
- Throw in the basil leave and salt to taste.
- Stir fry for another 10 seconds.
- Dish and serve.
Try soaking them in 3 tablespoon of wine (Chinese cooking wine or white wine) after the clams are cleaned for half an hour. Mix around once a while, so every clams can get drunk. hehe ... Taste better.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.