I love Chilli Crabs but after I knew about the fatal accident of a man whose finger got a snipped by a crab, I stop cooking it. I don't want my arm to get amputated then still die. Too scary!
So, instead of having Chilli Crabs, I settled for Chilli other seafood *bleh* using the same method I did for Crabs. I used Soft Shell Clams here. It's nothing compared to Crabs but it will do. Well, at least it helped curb my cravings.
- 700g Soft Shells Clams, soaked in salted water for them to ‘split out’ the sand and brushed to clean the dirt on the shells
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cedar or White Vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 5 Fresh Red Chillies
- 5 Dried Chillies, soaked to soften
- 5 clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Dried Shrimp, soaked to soften
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Fermented Soya Bean Paste
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the grind ingredients till fragrant.
- Add in clams.
- Stir fry till the clams open up.
- Add in the sauce and stir well.
- Cover and simmer over high heat for 5 minutes or till cooked.
- Add vinegar and add salt to taste.
- Gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Add in egg while stirring slowing.
- Dish and serve immediately.
- This is my recipe of Chilli Crabs but it works for prawns and crayfish too!
- Add more chilli if you prefer it more spicy.