AdSense

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chilli Soft Shell Clams


I love Chilli Crabs but after I knew about the fatal accident of a man whose finger got a snipped by a crab, I stop cooking it. I don't want my arm to get amputated then still die. Too scary!

So, instead of having Chilli Crabs, I settled for Chilli other seafood *bleh* using the same method I did for Crabs. I used Soft Shell Clams here. It's nothing compared to Crabs but it will do. Well, at least it helped curb my cravings.

Ingredients:

  • 700g Soft Shells Clams, soaked in salted water for them to ‘split out’ the sand and brushed to clean the dirt on the shells
  • 1 teaspoon Apple Cedar or White Vinegar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Salt to taste
  • Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
  • 3 tablespoon Oil
Pound or grind coarsely:

  • 5 Fresh Red Chillies
  • 5 Dried Chillies, soaked to soften
  • 5 clove Garlic
  • 2 tablespoon Dried Shrimp, soaked to soften
Sauce:
  • 3 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Fermented Soya Bean Paste
How to do it:

  1. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the grind ingredients till fragrant.
  2. Add in clams.
  3. Stir fry till the clams open up.
  4. Add in the sauce and stir well.
  5. Cover and simmer over high heat for 5 minutes or till cooked.
  6. Add vinegar and add salt to taste.
  7. Gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
  8. Add in egg while stirring slowing.
  9. Dish and serve immediately.
Note:

  • This is my recipe of Chilli Crabs but it works for prawns and crayfish too!
  • Add more chilli if you prefer it more spicy.

2 comments:

  1. Got soft shell clams wan meh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigerfish,
    I know what you are thinking about ... soft shell crabs, right? hehehe ... No lah. It's not the same. It's 大头. Ahhh! ;)

    ReplyDelete