My husband has been working late lately so we celebrated a day ealier with home cooked dinner and on the actual day he had this and this.
This dish was one of the four dishes, excluding soup, I prepared for my husband for the birthday dinner.
- 6 medium Prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 Lettuce Leaves, or your preferred greens (I had rocket leaves too)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, whole or sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- a dash of pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider
- 2 teaspoon Lemon or Lime Juice
- a pinch of salt and sugar each
How to do it:
- Arrange lettuce in bowl and set aside.
- Marinate prawns briefly.
- Saute with sesame seed oil or olive oil if you preferred, till just cooked.
- Let the prawns cooled before putting in the bowl.
- Add tomatoes.
- Mix vinaigrette well and drizzle over salad.
- Do not refrigerate cooked prawns as it will turn hard.
- You can prepare all the green and refrigerate it. Only cook the prawns when you are really to eat or serve.
- You can add any other greens you like, eg, bell pepper, cucumber, celery.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.