I made this sometime ago when I brought out the oven to grill chicken wings (to be posted later). My oven is not placed on the kitchen top. I didn't had the space so each time I have finish using it, I had to move it back into the cabinet.
My potato pie was a bit too wet as I too much cream in it. I have since adjusted the recipe and the second batch of the potato pie was just nice. The funny thing, however was, my family like it better when it was mashy.
Whichever way you like your potato pie to be like, you can adjust the ingredients accordingly.Ingredients:
- 4 Potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 50g Butter
- 40ml Cream
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Peas
- 2 tablespoon Carrots, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Place 40g butter, 20ml cream and mashed potato into a blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- In a pan, add in the remaining butter.
- Stir fried, the onions for a minute.
- Add in the carrots and peas.
- Pour in the remaining cream.
- Let it simmer till the mixture is thicken.
- Divide the mixture into equal portion.
- Put into baking cups and top with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
- Bake on 180c till cheese turned golden brown. (it took about 25 minutes for my oven)
- Dig in.
- You can also put all mixture into a baking bowl and top with all the potato to bake as a whole.
- If you prefer to bite into potato bits, do not blend it.
- After mashing with a fork, mix well with butter and cream.
- If you prefer it more creamy, add more cream to the potato.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.