I thought I'll use up the broccoli and cauliflower in the fridge but then the kids will kick a fuss for having to eat them. Since, I have a fresh carton of whipping cream, I thought I'll try making creamy soup with the ingredients. Hopefully, the cream will mask the taste of the veggies. Well, it worked. Especially my little girl who finish her rice with the soup in it.
- 150g Broccoli, chopped into smaller pieces including the stem
- 50g Cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces (optional)
- 300ml Chicken Broth
- 250ml Whipping Cream
- Salt to taste
- Blanch broccoli and cauliflower for 5 minutes. Do not over cook them.
- Place into the blender with the broth.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour into a pot.
- Add in the whipping cream.
- Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
If you prefer the soup to be thicker, gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken it.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.