This is my second attempt in baking. Although I enjoy baking, I don't really eat much. Mostly, the end products ended up in my kids' tummy.
I look forward to every Saturdays in hope that I would be able to find time to bake. Since I don't cook on Saturdays now as I need to bring my son out for class at three, I have a couple of hours free when my daughter takes her afternoon nap. I need more practice otherwise my baking results will forever looks not quite right somewhere.
Anyway, this is any simple recipe I found in the mini cookbook my husband bought for me. Just right for a beginner baker like me. Very little ingredients needed and just a few steps to follow (and yet I still have this not quite right result. :p).
- 90g Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Egg Whites
- 250g Confectioners' Sugar aka Icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Sift flour, baking powder can cocoa powder together.
- Beat egg whites and beat well.
- Gradually add sugar and continue to beat well.
- Fold in flour mixture to form batter.
- Spoon batter onto greased baking tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Loosen immediately from tray so the cookies don't stick.
☆ Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.