The last time we had BBQ was at the public BBQ pit at the park near our place. That was about 5 years ago. We prepared all the food and drinks, our friends just need to bring an empty stomach. After that, most of our friends left for drinks but some came over to our place for mahjong session (with my husband).
The number one food to be included for our BBQ is chicken wings. It's a must have. But then, we always use ready-made marinades. I didn't know how to cook then. Hmm.... maybe really simple cooking like frying an egg. hahaha ... Yeah, my poor husband has been my food tester for many years before he is served with decent food. I have to thank him for this food blog I have now.
- 10 Chicken Wing, I'm using mid joints only.
- 2 teaspoon Butter or Oil
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup or 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- a pinch of Salt
- Marinate the chicken with marinade over night.
- Place chicken on rack and bake in oven at 160c.
- Boil the marinade till it has reduce by half and thickens.
- Add in the butter.
- Use the thicken marinade to brush on chicken occasionally.
- Turn over the chicken after 15 minutes.
- Remember to brush on some marinade.
- Reduce temperature to 120c and bake for about 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove and serve.
- Reduce temperature of your oven if your chicken gets too burned.
- Try pan frying your chicken on low fire if you don't have have an oven. Just remember to oil your pan with butter or oil.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.