AdSense

Monday, May 28, 2007

Chicken Feet with Peanut Soup 鸡脚花生汤


My kids love this soup. Maybe they just love any soup. My hubby said my peanut soup is not as 'nutty' compared to his mum's, which was a good thing because he didn't like it. I think when he said 'nutty', he meant the soup was very cloudy. Perhaps, the peanuts used were different type and they must have been broken into bits. Mine was soft but still visible.

Ingredient:
  • 10 Chicken Feet
  • 2 whole chicken bones or 1 liter Chicken Broth
  • 1200ml water if not using broth
  • 5 Red Dates, pitted
  • 100g Raw Peanuts
  • Salt to taste
How to do it:
  1. Blanch chicken feet and bones.
  2. Put all ingredients except salt in a pot of water.
  3. Bring to boil then lower fire and simmer for another 3 hours.
  4. Add salt to taste.
  5. Serve.

6 comments:

  1. I really like all your receipe, especially children one. I have a very picky eater toddler. Wow, when I look at yr food pics, u really is a 'great mom' spending so much time decorating the food. I think visual is an incentive tool for children. I will try some of yr children recep when I finish my summer A classes.
    Cheers !
    Jamy from sunshine Florida.
    btw, I hope u don't mind me linking to yr blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum..another of my fav.

    oh btw, i tried ur chicken broth recipe..nice haha...i like it and the kids did. I also dump in some ikan bilis for that extra uumphh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who eats the chicken feet ? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the 'Hainanese Chicken Rice' coming soon...

    Quick quick post it out, i love Hainanese Chicken Rice! *slurp, slurp* Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe.. i love this soup as well, normally 1 mth like boil 1 type of chic leg soup... yum yum... simple and nice ya... long time no visit yr blog (damn busy), got to catch up now.. ^Q^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamy! Thanks for visiting!
    Yah, more work for mom with picky eater. :p Hope you have fun decorating your son's meal! :)
    Sure you can link my blog! It's my pleasure!

    Jazzmint, Glad you find it useful!

    Tigerfish, we all eat the chicken feet! Even my son! You dont ah?

    CutiePrincessMummy, LOL ... post liao.

    My Life Zone, So, you eating snake now ah? :p

    ReplyDelete